Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Vodacom Fibre?


"Naughty or nice isn't a thing any more. Where you caught?"

Remember the great deal the HOA negotiated with Vodacom to install fibre on Thesen Islands? 

You know, the one where at the AGM where we all cheered the payment of about R600,000 that we were getting from Vodacom to fix up our security or some such? We were all patting on the backs of trustees for being such sharp negotiators.  

Then it turned out the HOA trustees hadn't read the contract they'd signed and the R600,000 was for the installation of 3 or 4 cell phone towers on the Islands. That the members rightfully rejected and the HOA had to give the money back. Yes, that deal

Yes, that deal also tied members to overpriced Vodacom fibre contracts for years and years. Maybe forever.  Because any other operator who wants to supply fibre over the lines installed by Vodacom seems to have to pay Vodacom first so that their fibre offers are not competitive.  

So, if you want fibre, Vodacom is pretty much the only game on Thesen Islands. 

And good luck dealing with them.  Here's my story:

Vodacom debited my account the incorrect amount for 2 months and I have been trying for months to get it corrected. 

The reason why they were overcharging me is because at the end of my 12-month contract, they unilaterally upgraded my service and added R50 a month to my bill. 

Do you think I can get this credit? Not a chance. I have been given a series of 082 number to call. Each time I call a new number, I key in my ID number, I tell them my ID number, I get to tell them my story. And then when I am finished, I am told that I have called the wrong number. 

I am given a new number and the story repeats itself. 4 times. And I am no closer to that mythical refund of the overcharge.

The only light on the horizon is they tell me the debit order has been cancelled.  Allowing Vodacom to suck money out of your bank account is a bad decision. Oh yes, I was told the debit order only needed to be in place for one month. Then when I want to cancel it, they tell me it is mandatory, despite an email from Vodacom saying I can cancel it at any time after a month.

That's Vodacom.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment