Friday, August 04, 2017

Jackhammers at Dawn



I sent the email below to the HOA on April 3, 2017. I never got a reply. But no replies to emails to the HOA is a story for another day.    

I now have another major addition to a house taking place up the road.  So I thought again of my email and wondered what other owners may think. This is my email to the HOA:

“Once again, there is a major renovation taking place close to my home.

Having been disturbed soon after 7h30 by power tools and hammering, I thought I would take a look at the “Contractor’s Conduct Agreement”.  To my absolute amazement I found this:

7.7.3      Building activity on the ERF shall be confined to 06h30 to 18h00 Monday to Friday

I am lucky that this builder only starts at 7h30.

The rules governing contractors should favour the home owner, not the other way around. It is certainly reasonable to require that a contractor be told not to use power tools or hammers before, say, 9h00. The contractor is, after all, working in a residential neighbourhood. “

If you agree with me, please write to the HOA. If more people write, the HOA may take note of the interests of the home owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment